.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Surprise ultrasound=sexes!!!

On my way to OB this morning, it occured to me that I should ask for an ultrasound. I know myself, and know that if my urine specimin comes back negative, then I will start to obscess about the cramping. I thought it might be a long shot, but I asked, and they said yes.

As I was waiting for the u/s lady it then occured to me that MAYBE I could find out the sexes of the babies. I didn't want them to think I was just trying to get an u/s to find out, so I was hestitant to bring it up, but I wanted to at least ask.

The u/s tech made it easy, though. She immediately zero-ed in on the heartbeats, and then started measuring the heads, giving me estimated weights (baby A is 6 oz, baby B is 5 oz), showing me the major organs. I asked if it was possible to sneak a peek between the legs and she said "of course!"

Baby A, who is apparently not shy at all, is a GIRL!!!! I was thrilled to know we'd have another girl:) Baby B took a bit of poking and prodding, but finally gave in and showed us HIS goods! Baby B is a BOY:) Obviously, most importantly, they appear to be extremely healthy and growing well. THis was just the icing on the cake!!!

I immediately felt bad that Dan hadn't been there, but knew that he would have wanted to know. Luckily, I was right, and he said "I knew it all the time." We've both guessed boy/girl from early on, and were even right in that baby A is the girl and B is the boy.

Tech also checked placentas, as well as my cervix and all looks good. She didn't give me a cervical measurement but said it was great. I saw on the screen 4.8something, and I think anything above 3 is good, so I'm relieved there as well.

I also found out that A has moved. She was in a little ball on my right side, and is now nice and cozy, lying under my belly button, across my abdomen. B is camped out somewhere behind her and apparently doesn't need as much room:)

1 comment:

Fran said...

Woohooo for a great ultrasound and having a boy and a girl!!! Sophie will be delighted to have a little sister I'm sure! And a little brother too of course.
Love, Fran