.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

RLP, a bump and teething

Round Ligament Pain (RLP) has arrived. It completely caught me by surprise yesterday, when I was attacked by these sudden, SHARP pains in my pelvic/uterine area. THey continued this morning, although only when walking or going up stairs. This is definately new for me, I don't remember having these with Sophie. Also, rolling over in bed at night has caused me some pain as well (another RLP symptom). I haven't called my dr., but I'm sure that's what it is. RLP peaks in 2nd tri, and well, here I am.

Oh, and I'm getting a bump. I think I look more pregnant now than I did with Sophie at 20 weeks. Even Dan noticed. Technically, I'm 15w2d. I had to get rid of my last pair of non-maternity jeans:( I love the bump, it gives me reassurance, but if I'm showing now what will I look like in 20 weeks???!!!

Since Sophie's hospitalization, her night sleeping has gone to hell. She sleeps, but typically only if I'm with her. The first few nights after the hospital, I let her sleep in bed with us, I just wanted her to feel safe. After that, I let her fall asleep in bed with me (which was our pre-hospital pattern), and then put her in her crib. She now wants NO part of that. I think she did it once last week, but woke up after only 3 hours screaming. So now, because Dan is SO afraid that I am creating a horrible bad habit (I admit it's not good), I have started sleeping with her in the floor in her room. On hardwood...that's fun on a pregnant body. My new goal is to get up in the middle of the night (shouldn't be hard with my peeing pattern lately) and get in our bed, letting her stay in her room.

Anyhoo..the past several nights she has woken crying, several times a night. This is definately new for her and it just occured to me that she might be teething. I just looked it up online and canine teeth typically start popping up between 16-22 months. It would also explain the clinginess that she's had to both me and Dan, which I had attributed to post-hospital regression. So now, I can't wait to get home and hopefully see what's going on in that cute little mouth of hers:)

No comments: