.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Meet the embryos

Here they are! I had to take a picture of them, since I couldn't get the scanner to work right. You probably need to click on the picture to get a better view.

The one on the right is the "good" one. The one on the bottom is the one that Dr. K said she could see the placenta forming (around the 11 to 1 o'clock range). In the two that were not so great, you can see the necrotic cells, they look pitted.



So, which one(s) stuck? Tomorrow is beta #2. I swear, this 6 day wait has been much harder than the 12 day wait to get the first beta. At least then I could appease myself with home tests. Now, if I were to take a test of course it would be positive, b/c my beta is so high, but it's not necessarily indicative of a healthy pregnancy.

If my math is right, beta needs to come back tomorrow at least 4000. This would be a doubling time of 36 hours. On the higher end, 48 hour doubling time, it would be closer to the 8000 range. All I ask is for a solid doubling, plus some. I don't want to have to worry for the next week that "yes it doubled, but it's low." I want a solid doubling, giving me no reason to think that things aren't going as they should.

The weekend was tough. I wasn't feeling much, except more sleepy. But, we got in the car to head to a Superbowl party and I started getting car sick. I had this symptom with Sophie also, so that was reassuring. Otherwise, still not much of anything. Nausea that comes and goes, no boob pain whatsoever. Yesterday, I was sitting in a meeting and had this single instance of a streak of pain across my abdomen. Not sure what that was? The dull achy crampy feeling continues to be on and off as well. The bloat is ridiculous. Now, at the start of the day my size 10's are tight. I don't remember the bloating starting so early last time?!

Tick tock, tick tock. The call should come tommorrow between 1 and 4. Lord help me until then.

No comments: