.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Let's do it!

First of all, thanks to everyone for reading and giving comments about my letter to HR. It's by no means done, but I got alot of useful info in the comments you left here, and on the Nest. I'm going to include some stats, about what I'm not sure yet...but money people like stats, so I'm all about giving them what they need to make an informed decision. And Jeni-great point about the state mandate thing. If WU was located 20 miles east in Illinois, they would HAVE to offer IF coverage.

Now...to get to the title of my post. I told Dan about WTF appt last night. I'd tried to be calm, and objective and rational and all the things I thought would help:-) He said...let's do it!!!! And side note: we were having this discussion in the car and as he said let's do it I started crying. blah, so emotional. Anyhoo...at that exact time...a cute little couple with a cute little bump walked across the street. We just looked at each other and rolled our eyes. I should clarify the "let's do it" by saying I don't know if he thought about what if we don't qualify for the Family Fund. I figured one step at a time..

So, please please PLEASE let us qualify for the Family Fund. I am going to be *that girl* and call the Office Manager this morning to see if I can get some info.

Also, in my letter I said I was seeing a therapist about all this crap. Not exactly true. However, Dr. K really pushed me to go see someone yesterday so I am going to. She's never steered me wrong. The woman she recommended used to work in the RE clinic, but now does private practice, still specializing in IF...another call I'm going to make this morning.

Wow. I'm starting to feel positive. Although I was awake from about 2-5 am just thinking, more like obsessing about stuff. I have to stay rational and realize that 1) we may not qualify and 2) if we do qualify it may not pay for all, or even half of the cost of IVF. I guess I can get that info from the Office Manager. Off to make that call:-)

No comments: