.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A good weekend!

First of all, I woke up without an alarm on Saturday and had so much energy. I walked Sierra 2.5 miles and then came home and started cleaning. I have no idea where the energy came from but I took advantage of it. We cleaned our condo top to bottom and had our "to do" list done by 10 am.

Also, Dan and I have decided to do some home improvements. Dan found a handyman through his work that came over last night and gave us a quote for things we wanted done. He is super reasonable, and I feel he is trust-worthy. So, we get to tackle some things that I've been wanting done since we moved to our condo (almost 5.5 years ago). We're replacing the existing ceiling fans we have, adding track lighting to our living room (currently we don't have overhead lighting in there), replacing 5 other light fixtures, adding a light/ceiling fan to our spare bedroom (i.e. nursery one day) where we also currently have no over head lighting, and mounting our flat screen TV to a wall.

Although the cost to make the repairs is reasonable, and the new fixtures/fans I want are not expensive, I still feel extremely guilty for spending this money. To be clear, we don't really have it. I plan to put all purchases on Lowes credit card and not pay off for 6 months. But...I was so excited last night after the guy left...more excited that I've been in a long time over something non-IF related...that we are going to go for it.
I've also been sewing all weekend! I made a fun pair of pajama pants yesterday and I finished a tote bag tonight. Pics below. I "practiced" with some fabrics I like. Since it turned out ok, I'll be making these for Christmas presents for some family members.

2 comments:

andrea said...

OMG!! That bag turned out so awesome! I wish I could do that. Have you ever thought about selling them etsy or ebay?
I'm glad you are taking care of your house too. New fixtures can really make a big difference.

Jennifer said...

Wow, the bags turned out fantastic!! Horray for making updates on your house :-)