.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

You are the most deserving patient I have

That's what Dr. K said to make me cry today. We had our consult for IVF #2. We're going to stick with the same protocol as I had with IVF #1, since it worked beautifully. She did suggest an antagonist protocol, but also said there is a slight risk of Oing before retrieval, which I am petrified about. They just cancelled someone about a week ago for that reason. So, we're going to stick with what we know works best for me.

I also told her about my 2nd opinion appt with S.ilber. She will write a script for Valium, and left it open a bit to IV sedation if I really want it. She also gave me the name of another RE in STL whose opinion she really values. I knew the name and have heard good things about him. Apparently only him, and the WU RE's are the only Board Certified REs in STL. Silb.er is actually a urologist.

She told us she would do anything to get us pregnant, and knows how bad we want it, and how deserving we are. That's when I got a little teary.

We're freaking about money a little bit (ok, a lot). I went ahead and made our downpayment of $5100 today. I got confirmation that it can be refunded should I want to put it off a little longer.

So, Dr. K offered to do my ET again. For that reason, my cycle will be put off a week from when it should have started. They'll manipulate my cycle with BCP for about 10 days. My ER/ET should be the 1st/2nd week of March!!!!

Oh, and I did ask her suggestion of what if IVF #2 doesn't work. She said there is a reason why some states have a 4 IVF benefit. She said sometimes the 1st 2 just don't work. Gulp, gulp, gulp. I'm sure Dan and I both looked like a deer in headlights. She did say she's seen my uterus several times now, in different capacities, and continues to assure me that I can carry my own child.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

You have got to love Dr. K! I am excited that you will be starting IVF #2 soon. I am sending so many good thoughts your way for a successful cycle.

Rebekah said...

I'm excited for you. March will be here before you know it! Wishing you the best of luck!!

(On a side note, I assume you typed S.ilber in that fashion to avoid being found by search, but you have it written again in the same paragraph with no .)

andrea said...

I agree with your doctor... I think that all the time. Sorry I missed this post earlier.

Lindsay and Tim said...

This sounds very, very hopeful. I will be praying for you and your Dh.