.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

OB appt and progress!

I had my 37w5d OB appt yesterday. I wasn't expecting much in the way of progress, since I haven't really felt any different over the last week than I have over the previous.

WRONG-O.

2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. She didn't tell me station but did say that her head is extremely low. So low that it's rare that she sees this unless the woman is in active labor. HOLY CRAP! So, it really could happen any time. Dr. S is out of town this weekend and told me (jokingly of course) to try to keep her in until she gets back. She is predicting before Thanksgiving, but if for some reason Sophie hasn't made an appearance we'll discuss induction, now that I'm making progress. That would be sometime during the 39th week, just to make sure she doesn't get too big.

So bag is packed and in the car (although of course throughout the day today I am remember MANY things that I forgot), but it's a start.

On my morning walk with Sierra this morning I had a very focused cramp (not like the period-like cramps I've had so far) on my right side, stomach area. That was a very new feeling for me, so hopefully she's working overtime in there so she can come meet us sooner rather than later.

People keep asking if I'm scared and the answer is no. I'm not scared at all of L and D or anything that goes with it. I am freaked out in anticipation of what will happen prior to getting to the hospital (i.e. will water break, if water doesn't break how long will it take contractions to get to where they need to be to even GO to the hospital, etc). I'm also freaked out about AFTER delivery and all the fun (NOT) things that come with that. But actually having her doesn't scare me at all...it's only exciting!

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Woo Hoo for progress!! Good luck :-)

Stacy said...

I can't wait to meet Miss Sophie. Sadie was really low like that, and I had the same effacement and dilation. I went into labor three days later. I hated my water breaking at work, but in retrospect, it was easy to figure out I was in labor. LOL Maybe have a towel or two with you at work just in case something like that happens to you. I am excited for you!!!

Fran said...

I am glued to the laptop!! All the very best my dear friend, thinking of you so much!
Fran

Alicia said...

Yay! She's almost here! Good Luck!