.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Hospital tour with a WATERMELON!

Once again, I neglected to make a Thursday post. Here's the 37 week update...



Baby's now the size of a watermelon!You' re full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).


Thankfully I have recovered from my parking lot spill, although I still have one heck of a bruise on my leg. No worries about Sophia. She was in over-drive all weekend. Enough overdrive that I was getting paranoid about the cord getting wrapped around her neck. Yes, I know...but it's me, I have to worry about something. She's been moving more than ever, and her movements are MUCH stronger than in the past. I assume poor little chunker is running out of room. I can see my stomach moving as I type. I've definately gotten used to it, but then she'll throw me for a curve and give me a really hard kick that catches me off guard. She also seems to like to bounce on my cervix as I walk. This sensation does NOT feel good, and in fact can stop me in my tracks.


My sleep continues to go down hill. If I sleep on my left side, my left shoulder just ACHES. If I sleep on my right side, my right hand falls asleep. I'm only good on my back for about 10 minutes at a time. I woke up at 3 am last night and fell asleep not quite 3 hours later, as my alarm was getting ready to go off. I actually just contemplating getting up and being productive, b/c I was certainly not tired.


I am starting to look for signs of labor...but so far nothing. I continue to get Brax-Hicks, but no more so than before. I am not necessarily tired of being pregnant, but at this point we are just so anxious to meet her. We've both given her the talk that she needs to come out so we can meet her and celebrate her b-day:)


Yesterday was the hospital tour. In hindsight, it's really not imperative to take, but we're glad we know where to go, and what to expect. We'll be using Hospital M, but really wanted to use Hospital B. Everyone I know that has used Hospital M has raved about it and compared it to a nice hotel. Um...not so much. It's really a hospital room with one bed instead of two. Based on amenities, I'd still rather go to Hospital B, but Dr S pretty much made the decision. So Hospital M it will be.


We did have a "woah this is really happening" moment as we walked into the lobby yesterday. A new daddy was walking in with his camcorder, and mom and baby (and nurse) were waiting for him inside. Yes, I got teary, thinking that will be us in a few short weeks. Yikes.

Here's the 37 week picture! I finally scanned in u/s pics from last Tuesday but they are on a different computer. Will post those soon!


No comments: