.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

We bought a house!!!!

The news of the day (so far!) is that we officially sealed the deal on a house yesterday at 5 pm. I've had my eye on it for several weeks, but kept passing it up b/c I wasn't a fan of the outside. It's a ranch style house, which honestly, I find boring. I grew up in a ranch, and have just always envisioned (and loved) charming little A Frame 1 1/2 or 2 story houses. They have personality, lol:)

But, once our first house slipped away we knew we needed to kick it into high gear. Dan opened up his thoughts to other areas, and I opened up mine to other styles. We drove by the house a few weeks ago, and walked around and peeked in the windows. It definately drew us in, so we finally made an appt to go see it this past Saturday. It was the 3rd house we saw that day. The first two were FULL of charm and personality, but they needed some fixes, some pretty major. When we finally got to this appt though, we walked in and I fell in love:) The inside is PERFECT for us. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths upstairs, along with living room, dining room, family room and large open kitchen (that looks into living and dining rooms). Downstairs is TONS of storage, although the majority of the basement is finished, with a 4th bedroom, and potentially 5th if we put up some drywall.

It's on 1/3 of an acre, which for the burbs (and this one in particular) is really decent. There's a deck, patio and decent size backyard. Also, one car garage.

I'm really happy with it, even more so now that the negotiations are over.We don't close until June 23, which gives us over 3 months to sell our condo, which has already been on the market about 6 weeks. We continue to get showing requests, but so far (with the exception of one), all of the "negative" feedback has been nothing we can fix. A few people said 2nd bedroom was too small, one didn't like that there were lots of renters, etc.

So, that's the deal! I'm feeling much better now that ONE thing is set in stone. I was feeing really frazzled and scattered with some many balls up in the air.

In other news, my first OB appt is today. For a brief second this morning, I wondered if we'd get bad news today, like one's heart stopped beating or something. I quickly dismissed it. With all of this other stuff going on, I (thankfully) have been in peaceful oblivion of what's going on in ute-ville.

Sophie is officially 15 months! I'll make a separate post with her official and un-official stats:)

No comments: