.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Physical Therapist

Can I just say that I love the physical therapist? I liked the one last time too, but this one really got down and played with her. Last visit was mostly evaluation so maybe that's why there was a difference. Anyhoo...the PT (Nicole) is very pregnant, with a cute little skinny stick body and a big bump. I think this is the first time I've seen a pregnant woman and not felt jealousy, not a hint of it. Don't get me wrong, seeing her made me *want* to be pregnant again, but not jealous because she was pregnant and I'm not. I think that's progress.

Sophia spent at least 15 minutes on her tummy. Nicole probably thought we were nuts b/c Dan and I had just told her how she HATES tummy time. She taught us a "pull to sit" excercise that we'll be doing also. She said SOphie is doing great with grabbing her toes, which means her abs are strengthening nicely. She taught us a "game" of putting a link or two on Sophie's toes and encouraging her to grab at them.

I got the courage to ask about the flat spot. She said it was very mimimal and at this time not cause for any concern. Phew.

Our to do list:
1. keep doing the excercises after each diaper change
2. as much tummy time as she'll tolerate
3. encouraging her to sit, which she loves
4. holding her in certain positions that encourage her to look right

We go back in 3 weeks, and then 2 weeks after that.

3 comments:

Hippie Family... said...

oh my gosh!! you are doing so awesome!!! (are you really ready to be pregnant again?)

Fran said...

Yeah for the new exercises!! So come here you...are you thinking of going to use some of the little frosties soon?? So exciting!!! Fran

Rebekah said...

I'm glad things went well! And good for you with the reaction to her baby belly :)

I tagged you on my blog. http://to-infertility-and-beyond.blogspot.com/2010/05/picture-tag.html