.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sweet Pea!!!

This is what is growing inside of me right now:-) I think it's weird that they call it a baby at this stage, when it is actually still an embryo. But maybe that is denial or self-preservation coming out in me.
Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.
Dan did NOT earn brownie points last night. We briefly talked about what we would see at the u/s. I told him we may not see a heartbeat yet, but that doesn't mean when we go back a week later we won't see one. Then he said, "or we might see nothing." Me: "um, yes I know that."
Him: "No, I don't think you get it, we might see NOTHING."
YES, A-hole, I get it. There might not be anything there. Thank you for that comforting thought. That is HIS effort at self-preservation (or most likely denial).
I am starting to get really bloating in the evening. Then, when I wake up, it's all gone. Very weird. It means my pants get more uncomfortable as the day goes on. AND, I had lightening boobs last night. So far, I've had no issue/pain/discomfort with this particular aread, but before bed last night it felt like lightening bolts were striking! It didn't hurt, it was just weird.

ETA: I'm really not happy my paragraphs aren't separated!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Men just don't think sometimes. Your paragraphs were separated when I read the post in bloglines..it's weird they aren't on blogger. When is your u/s?

Anonymous said...

lots of positive vibes your way Stacey!

Hippie Family... said...

men are men... sigh.. men! you'll get him back when you need ice cream (or in my case was clementines) at 2 am~