.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A bittersweet day for me and little HONEYDEW

She has graduated from a squash finally!! She's a honeydew melon today:)



Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.

The bittersweet part is that I was reminded that our embryo transfer was 7 months ago today. It's just amazing to think about how she's been with me for 7 months. And also a sad feeling about the other two that were transferred and didn't make it. I've also been getting sappy about the fact that she won't be with me for much longer. Of course I want to hold her and see her, but I also enjoy feeling her:)

And feel her, I have. She woke me up yesterday morning at 4 am, and did.not.stop.moving. until after I went to bed, about 10:30. I wonder if maybe she was changing positions. May.o Cl.inic book said that's supposed to happen this week.

In fun news, I had a work shower on Monday. Dan was able to come, and it was really nice. We were floored at the generosity. One "group" that I work with gave us our infant car seat. I was totally shocked, and obviously extremely grateful. Our friends/family shower is on Sunday. I can't wait for that, it's finally time to celebrate little Sophia:)

The nursery is coming along (and yes, Fran I will post pics soon:-)). She officially has her name on the wall and things in the closet.

Symptoms-wise, my reflux has taken a turn for the worse, as have the middle of the night calf cramps. I woke up with another bad one Sun morning that left me limping for 3 days. THose things are no joke. And the peeing continues as well. I went shopping on Sat morning and I swear I had to stop and use the bathroom at every store I went to...one store twice.

Last week at 32 weeks.
Today at 33 weeks.
Her name plaque that I made:)

2 comments:

Bluebird said...

"Honeydew" made me smile :) Continued "congratulations."

Fran said...

Oh my, you are nearly there! I am about to post on my blog about another award I got and I am passing it on to you, I know you'll be busy soon, but I just felt it was a right one for you!

Love, Fran