.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

EGGPLANT, babymoon and a crib!

I'm such a blog slacker!

First things first, now that we're almost halfway done with week 25, McBaby is an eggplant this week. Such an improvement from a papaya, don't you think;-) This week she has gained her equilibrium and can tell when she is upside down.





Next in McCrary news is that we took Miss McBaby on her first vacation last week (aka babymoon). We'd been trying to figure out 1) location and 2) how to pay for it(!) when Dan's aunt graciously opened her house to us. She lives in FLA, just a few miles from one of our favorite beaches...so how could we say no?!

Unfortunately, it wasn't the most relaxing of trips, and I was officially diagnosed with "cat allergies." I've always said I was allergic to cats, but somehow I think Dan never really believed me...until I woke up in the middle of the night not being able to catch my breath. Oh, I guess it's important to note that Aunt P. has a cat...thus the cat allergies. I was obviously most concerned about McBaby. After a call to my dr the next day we went to a walk-in clinic. The dr assured me my breathing sounded fine, and I was getting 100% oxygen (although I doubt that was the case at 2 am), so I tried to just breath easy (pun intended). He looked at me like I had 5 heads when I asked if they had a fetal heart monitor. I don't know, call me crazy, but it seems like a little piece of machinery they'd want to invest in, but what do I know?



We just tried our best to stay out of the house as much as possible, and really only spent extended periods there in the evening. THEN, on Wed morning I was woken by a CONTRACTION. WTH?! This was actually the 2nd one I've had. The first came a few weeks ago. However, both awakened me from a deep sleep. How did I know it was a contraction? Well, I just kind of did I guess. I stayed in bed for an hour or so and never felt another one, so I guess it was coincidence, but c'mon people cut me some slack! First I can't breath, then I have a contraction...away from home, away from dr, etc. Oh, and I've started having calf cramps in the middle of the night. According to my M.ayo Clinic book, this is something that is somewhat normal, but still needs to be brought to dr attention.

Despite the medical stuff, we had a fun time, spending most of the trip on the beach. Here's a 25w 1 day picture...although since it's not profile you can see I still look chunky for the most part. I assure you though, from the side I have a bump. I swear!





And finally...Miss McBaby will have a place to sleep (she will sleep right??) that is being delivered in about 6 weeks. I went with a convertible crib, in white, that was in stock. Being in-stock is quite important at this point, b/c having one ordered was pushing us back to an arrival at the equivilant of 37 weeks.

Andrea asked what color I painted the nursery. The answer: Hotel St. Francis Fawn. Did that make it clear LOL??? It's really a creamy caramel color which looks fantastic on the walls! I started working on the curtains last night so hopefully those will be finished, and hung, by next weekend.

That's our story for now:)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful picture...makes me want to go on vacation -- just one more week!! I'm glad you had a good time despite the allergy :(

Fran said...

Beautiful picture! Sorry about the allergy though, it must have been frightening. Sending you much love, Fran

rollerbabe said...

you look great

Heidi said...

Glad you guys had fun -- sorry that you were so allergic to Molly. I'm sure mom was happy to see you anyway.