Thursday, July 28, 2011

Great news on Monday:)

First, I should say that we almost missed the u/s appt. Appt was at 8 am, I woke up at 7:10 and was so dazed (hello Ambien??) that it took me awhile to gather myself. Then, I had to wake up Sophie and Dan, who were both o.u.t.

We made it with 5 minutes to spare. The u/s tech instructed me to lie down, to which I said "aren't you doing a cervical check?" I had anticipated her telling me to get undressed from the waist down. According to the order, it was only a growth scan, but I pushed and pushed until she called OB office and did get permission to do cervical check.

As usual, babies are great. For the last two weeks, Baby A has been hanging out in the LOWER righ quadrant, and is currently breech. When I said LOWER, I swear she is in my hip, lol. Baby B is in upper left quadrant, and I assume the reason for my reflux.

Baby A was measuring 3.1 pounds, and B was 3 pounds, so growth-wise they are great.

Cervical length had DOUBLED!! A week ago it was 20, and Monday it was 47. Seems like the medication cocktail from Dr. P has done the trick.

Then, we killed time until 10:45 for appt with Dr. R (filling in for my OB while she's on vacation). She was thrilled with improvement, and did another internal exam which showed I was still dilated to 1.

Next week, we see Dr. P again. I asked Dr. R about his desire for hospital bedrest, and that he had wanted that for me last week. Her response was "yes, we talked about that" which leads me to believe he probably shared his feelings, but she held strong to letting me go home. Bottom line, Dan and i are expecting a possible hospital admission next week.

Since seeing him last week, I've talked to several others who have used him in the past, and they ALL reported at least a week of hospital bedrest. Yuck. But, whatever.

I'm still getting contrax, but they are much less, and there is no pattern. They typically happen in the evening, and usually when I am up, or in the process of getting up. Getting out of bed is NOT easy these days!

I've been approved to work up to 4 hours a day from home, and now that I have a laptop that works, I feel like I'm being productive. It feels good, lol. Believe it or not, I've hardly read anything. I either lie in bed watching mindless TV, or spend a few hours at the dining room table trying to knock out a few hours of work.

Surprisingly, I haven't gained more weight, and this is according to the dr. scale!

Bean: you can e-mail me at stacey.mccrary2003@yahoo.com. Note that there is NOT a "dot" between my first and last name, I just don't want people to find this blog. Feel free to e-mail me:)

I promise some pics soon. It's time for some new house pics I guess, despite the fact that we are NOT completely unpacked.

1 comment:

Fran said...

This is brilliant news!! So happy to hear you are ding so well! Can you believe it that TWO new babies will be with you in a few weeks??
Much love, Fran