.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sophia the SQUASH!

No excuses, just no motivation. To do anything. I can't believe my work life is still intact and I'm still managing to get things done at home. But e-mails, phone calls, blogging...taking a back seat. So if I owe you a phone call or e-mail, or a thank you note (!)...sorry, I'll work on getting things straight again.

The truth is, I have things to say on here everyday, it just unforunately seems like too much effort...but Facebook requires NO effort (how does that work)??

Now back to what people really want to know. Sophia is doing just fine, and continues to move and groove most all of the time now. Her kicks (or punches) are getting stronger and my belly is moving on a regular basis. If a co-worker happens to walk by my open door, they may seriously see me just staring at my belly, in awe of the movement, and in anticipation of meeting the little one that is causing all this commotion. I love every minute of it:)

30 weeks today and almost EIGHT months pregnant. Never thought I'd get this far.

She is a squash this week (and last week).



As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.
Here's the picture from last week at 29 weeks, up about 17 pounds. It seems like the weight is coming on more quickly.

For several weeks I was back to pretty much everything sounding good to eat, but for the last few days, I'm back in the 1st trimester issue of NOTHING sounds good. However, brownies and french fries continue to be my go-to when nothing sounds appealing. I have been drinking alot more milk lately (and that has nothing to do with the brownies)!

Acid reflux continues to kick my butt, and Zantac continues to be my best friend. I'm also having some sciatica issues. I don't remember if I've mentioned it before, but I had a serious problem with it about 10 years ago. So I know what it is, that sudden, all encompassing streak of fire down my leg that will totally take me by suprise b/c it typically happens when I'm not doing much of anything. Then boom. I literally can't move for about 30 seconds. It's starting to occur more and more, as are the night time charlie horses in the calves. Now those are ALOT of fun:(



Overall though, things are going great. Our nursery furniture was delivered and I ADORE the rocker/glider. I'm so glad we splurged and got it. I'll post pics once the nursery is more in order. And Sierra has now taken a liking to the nursery. SHe never hung out in there before, and now on our days off, we'll find her just chilling in the floor. She either senses what's coming and is
1) happy and content or 2) trying to stake her claim before it is too late (although it's obviously too late:)

No comments: