.

Monday, September 7, 2009

This must be nesting.

Three day weekend for me, and I could not relax. At 9:30 on Saturday night I was scrubbing kitchen walls/floors. I TRIED to take it easy and read a few chapters of new book, but I felt LAZY just lying there thinking of all that needs to be done. I won't go into details of all I accomplished, but I dare say it's more than I've done since being pregnant. I just can't seem to walk past anything that needs something and not do it. Light bulbs are out? Must change. Picture needs to be hung? Must hang. Something in the floor I would normally just walk right by (much to Dan's dismay), I must pick up. It's ridiculous in a good way. We've had a to-do list (in my head at least) a mile long for much longer than I've actually been pregnant, and I'm finally starting to knock things off the list. And nothing done this weekend actually involved the nursery!


Most importantly, I finally got started on one of Amy's quilts. She had asked if I would make a t-shirt/memory quilt of some of Matt's clothes. It took her a while to get to me, and I finally started on that Friday night. I'm rolling right along and almost finished the top of the first one (for Mattie). I think I kept putting it off b/c I didn't want to mess up. Isn't that a sign of perfectionism?? Anyhoo...I did ALOT this morning and it's coming together nicely. I finally just had to STOP everything about 5 pm today. I hit my wall.


Here's my 27 week picture, taken last Thursday. You would have thought Dan might have mentioned my shirt was bunched up in the back, huh? I have horrible luck with batteries, and everytime I tried to upload the pic, of course my camera died. Better late than never!


2 comments:

Carrie M. said...

I can't wait to see the quilt! Better bring a whole box of tissues when you give it to her :)

andrea said...

Well, do take it easy! It is good to get stuff done now because the 3rd tri can be exhausting and Lord knows you will not get anything done after the baby comes. Not for awhile at least :-) And it's all good!!