.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Eggplant (again)

Sorry for the slacking again!
Miss Sophia is once again an eggplant this week. Same veggie, but at least she has a different piece of info...

Baby's soaking up your antibodies, getting her immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and she'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

She's been moving quite a bit too...love that:) I have a horrible habit of playing with her that freaks Dan out. I usually just poke at my belly where I feel her move, but I am also a belly shaker (this is what freaks him out). It's a nice way to get her moving if she's been quite for a bit (oh, and french fries work well for that too LOL). She LOVES the fries...I've already tainted this poor child.

I had an OB appt yesterday at 26w4d. I am anxiously awaiting the results of my gestational diabetes test. They should be calling anytime. I'm up 14 pounds which Dr. S said was "perfect." Measuring 28 weeks, so about 10 days ahead of where I *should* be. She isn't concerned but did say it's something to pay attention to. I just do not understand how I am measuring ahead. People at work are still coming up to may with "I had no idea you were pregnant. You have no belly." I have noticed an increase in belly size over the past few days though--crazy how it just happens.

Dr. S did raise her eyebrows at the fact that I've had two contractions, but didn't seem horribly concerned. Just told me to drink lots of water should it happen again.

I also scheduled the rest of my appts for the remainder (yikes!) of pregnancy. Next appt is Oct 2, and then I start going every 2 weeks and then every week. And then...that's it! She did say I will most likely get another u/s sometime b/t 32 and 36 weeks.

In getting ready for Sophia news...curtains are done and hanging (although I think I need to add a valance), countdown is on for furniture arrival, and I am a cleaning freak. If you KNOW me, you'll know that "cleaning freak" is not in my nature. Everything I look at seems to need a good cleaning. I cleaned my bathroom (no, Dan and I do NOT share a bathroom, ick) last night at 9:30. THis was also after watching the hoarding show, which may have something to do with it. But really. That is not like me at all. I also have several other cleaning projects in my head for this upcoming weekend. What is HAPPENING to me?!?!

Here's the 26 week pic from last THursday.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Very nice pic as usual! the time is really flying, can't wait to see Sophia! Love, Fran