.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sophie-isms

Sophie's vocab started off fairly slowly. There was a brief time that I did worry that she would need some sort of OT or ST. Now, although she's still not to the point where she can enunciate things as clearly as I wish, she is quite the little chatter box. I chalk up most of it to daycare. Despite the fact that she still INSISTS on a pacifier at home, she rarely enters daycare with it in her mouth. She uses it on the car ride there, and then when I open the back door to get her out of the car, she hands it to me. We store it in her cubby at daycare, and there it stays until I pick her up after work. She doesn't even use it for naptime at daycare, but the second she sees me it goes back into her mouth. What's that about?

Anyhoo...some Sophie speak...
According to her, her name is Shoshe Crary. If I call her Sophie-Soph (one of my preferred nicknames for her), her response is "no, name is Shoshe Crary."

She is very good about saying "peesh" and "tank you." If you thank her, you'll hear "yo yelcome."

If she's doing something, anything, it's "my am." "My am eating."
If she's NOT doing something..."Ae you teasing Sierra?" "No, my am" or "no, my am teasing."

The cartoon Phineus and Ferb is simply "Ferb." Cat in the Hat is "Cat Hat."

If she has done any sort of art project at daycare, she instructs me to "take to work."

Yummy is "nummy," including medicine. She gets Zyrtec everyday to help keep her hives at bay. That is known as her "nummy medicine." Or, if something meets her definition of yucky, it's "nucky." "This milk is nucky," meaning she feels it's been left out of the fridge too long."

If she's watching TV and you get in her way, it's "no see, no see."

She still refers to the babies as Baby AB and Baby Connor, although it's pronounced more Conr.
She gets very upset in the morning if she's not allowed to "hug babies" before they get their first bottle:)

She continues to be very resistant to having her picture taken, and this is what I typically get.
Sophie and her side-eye.



Her go-to toys these days...pla-doh and puzzles. The girl can work a 24 piece puzzle like it's nobody's business:)  She also loves her play kitchen, loves to make tea (picked that up at daycare), and had recently starting talking about princesses. I'm seeing tiaras and dress up clothes in her near future.



No comments: