As I mentioned previously, the first shipment had been damaged by USPS, so she replaced almost everything free of charge.
Note that you can also see the craptastic job that the previous owners of the home did with the carpeting. This will eventually be ripped up and wood laminate put in its place. The rest of the main floor is either original hardwood or laminate. It seems weird to me that this room is carpeted, although it does work out well with the babies.
Otherwise, my craftiness has been thwarted by the sewing gods, who apparently don't think I need to sew outfits for the twins b-day.
1) I couldn't find the power cord to my sewing machine.
2) After hours of searching, finally found it, but my sewing basket was MIA. The bobbins were stored in the basket, and clearly neccessary to my ability to actually sew something.
3) After much MORE searching, I finally found a few rogue bobbins hanging out in a ribbon case.
4) Load the bobbin with thread, and attempt to sew, only to have the entire machine seize up and NOT want to play. Not cool. I don't have time for this. I tried a few tricks I know, with no luck.
I'll give it another try in a day or two, but if it's really dead, looks like I'm in the market for a new machine, which is most certainly NOT in the budget.