.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Feeling Crafty...

After MONTHS, maybe at least a year, the craft bug has hit again. Most likely it's due to the twins upcoming birthday. I have ideas floating around like a tornado in my head. It's a little exhausting actually. I'm definately taking on too much...but I can't seem to stop. Perhaps it's my lack of meds. There are more than a few areas of our house that require some craftiness.

I FINALLY have the twins room painted. It's only been a year since we moved in...but I am finally rid of that hideous dreary sage color in their room. It's now more of a very happy aqua. I ordered their decal names, which I have been eyeing almost since their birth. Unfortunately, they arrived last week, box and most contents damaged. Dan called today to let me know the replacement order has arrived, in perfect condition. Task 1 of the weekend is to get those names up! Will be posting a picture when I'm done:)

After that, all other house projects will be on hold until I make the babies b-day outfits. Yes, I'm making them...because I have the time, right?! And also a coordinating dress for Sophie so she doesn't feel left out. Actually, they'll be getting two outfits, although the first doesn't really count as an outfit. My friend Sara will be taking their pics the day after their birthday, the day before their party, which will be Dr. Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2 themed. Needless to say, I have a swirl of red and aqua running through my head at all times. Picture outfit will consist of a diaper cover for each, with hopefully a ruffle or two for Avery, and a tie for Connor. Task 2 of this weekend is to get those completed. Because my head would not stop last night, I've cut out the fabric for one cover already, as well as the tie. I was only stopped by the sound of Sophie padding down the hallway to see what I was up to.

As I see things come together, my brain goes into overdrive with new ideas. I have NOT had this problem (????) in a very long time, and I love it, but it's also exhausting.  I assume it also has to do with the babies becoming more independent. They can play on their own, although for only a short period of time. But, I've become a master of getting things done in minutes!  It's amazing how many clothes I can fold while babies are in their highchairs.

In addition to all this craftiness, we're also finally starting to really unpack boxes that we moved 12 months ago. It's fun to see things I forgot we had, lol! I have a huge pile for Goodwill, and that feels SO good. Purge, purge, purge. I also have a pile of baby clothes to sell to a consignment shop.

One of my plans has ALWAYS been to make each baby a quilt (for me, or for them I don't really know!) of their baby clothes. After carefully going through each piece I still have three huge boxes of clothes to sell.  I have no idea if I'll get $20 or $200, but we'll see. Otherwise, I also have a pile of baby gear that I'll donate to a local children's charity. It feels good to give, but honestly even better to just purge the hell out of our house!

A few recent pics, although not the best quality since they were taken with my phone. With the exception of one, I don't think any are duplicates from FB.

I took this the other night. Yes, that was an attempt to bite Connor's head. Poor guy.



 This is the FB duplicate, but I love it:) Like Sophie did when she was (more) little, he wears lots of orange!
 Avery last night, with Sophie's FIRST ball.
 A few weeks ago...I think Sophie has her dr moves mixed up a little, trying to get a heartbeat in A's armpit:)

No comments: