.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

recent purchases

I usually gloat to people about how we really haven't bought anything for Sophie yet (aside from the essentials). Most of what she uses (toys, clothes, etc) are either gifts or hand-me-downs (love those!)

Well...I recently started subscribing to babysteals.com. They send an e-mail each day of one item that is significantly reduced in cost. I caved, and got this high chair cover. Let me say that I NEVER expected to be the mom that uses one of these. I never really saw the point. I just felt like we could brush crumbs off, give it a little wipe-down and we'd be good to go. About 3 weeks ago though, Sophie changed my mind. We were out to lunch, I put her in a high chair, turned around and the next thing I knew she was sucking on the seat belt of the high chair. YUCK YUCK YUCK. So, I started searching for one that I liked, that I didn't feel looked too bulky or obnoxious. Wouldn't you know, this one popped up on babysteals.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Babe-Ease-Clean-Diner-Highchair/dp/B002UD6BH6 With shipping, it was only $20:) I've only used it once but so far so good. I did feel a little weird putting it on at the restaurant. I assume people thought I was neurotic but oh well. The cover even has little loops to hang toys on.

Then, I decided Sophie needed a taggie toy. I really wanted to make her a taggie blanket but just don't have the time. So, I found this on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Taggies-E00906-Grabby-Elephant-Toy/dp/B000H8ESQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1281561876&sr=1-1

Of course, it was only $18...so to get free shipping I had to spend another 6 dollars. So, I added on a baby cell phone, because Sophia has taken a liking to our cell phones. It isn't listed on Amazon anymore so I don't have the link. Wouldn't you know...that brought the total to 24.65, and I needed to spend $25 total for the free shipping.

I thought and thought of what I could get that I could rationalize that she "needs." I couldn't come up with anything, except this...http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Sesame-Street-Sounds-Remote/dp/B000LT1D56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1281562553&sr=8-1. It is BY FAR her favorite toy now. They eyes blink and each button has a sound. It's very cute, and not annoying:)

Turns out, what I thought she would like best (the taggie toy) is her least favorite. And wouldn't you know it, the tag she likes best on it is the actual TAG (oh and also the little hair sprouts on the elephants head:)

1 comment:

Hippie Family... said...

don't forget that cover can be used on grocery carts too-- and target!! and if you just keep it in the car, it helps if theres a massive accident on a long trip (ahem, not that it's ever happened to us before in Indy)