.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Amy's gift

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who donated money to Amy and her family. Her shower was this weekend, although she was unable to be there. And despite the guest of honor being absent, it was a really nice shower. Yummy food, yummy cake:-) And wouldn't you know it that me, the infertile girl, wins a baby shower game. Go figure:-)

We gave Amy a check for $1100. Amazing. Truly. She was so thankful, but there's no way she can thank everyone individually so she asked me to do that for her. Despite Matt's cancer, she feels so blessed. People have been so generous in buying off the registry for baby Mattie.


My friend Sara's office has "adopted" Amy and her family for the holidays:-) I got a little emotional when she told me. It's still up in the air, but I think they will mainly be helping them with food, whether they hire a service, or co-workers offer to cook meals and drop them by. Amy told me they are just so tired that no one feels like cooking. I think they may also help with Matt's feeding tube food, which apparently isn't very cheap.


Thank you again to all who donated! She is so grateful. Below is a pic of the baby blanket I made for Mattie. It was my first stab at a "rag" quilt, but I wanted it to be special. I'm still not sure what I think about it:-)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Thanks for the update. I have Amy and Matt in my prayers.

I love Mattie's quilt. Just adorable! You are very talented!