.

Friday, September 21, 2012

A Seusstastic 1st birthday party!

My babies turned one on Sept 6!! We celebrated by having a party the following Saturday. I knew many months ago that I wanted a Thing 1/Thing 2 theme, but really had to reign myself in as the date approached, lol. Luckily I did, because with Sophie being in the hospital the weekend before, I'm not sure how things would have gotten done.

The birthday cake, done by a friend of a friend. I added the cupcakes on at the last minute, so the babies could each have one to dig in to.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Catherines-Cakery-Confections/113532108682197





The "smash" cakes, pre-smash, also done by Catherine. Our "pro" pics were done by my friend Sara.


Getting into the cakes...


Well, Avery at least!  Connor was not a fan.





Sophie had on a super cute Dr. Seuss dress made by another friend Sara. I told her the only way she could get in on the cake action, was if she took it off.


I went a little Etsy crazy. I got the hats here, http://www.etsy.com/shop/shoplissy.

While I loved them, they were the biggest waste of money;) The babies wore them for these few pics, and then I forgot to use them for the party.


Birthday outfits, done by http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyThreadsByLiz, I LOVE them, AND they can all be worn again:)




The only one we could get of all of us. It's class "us." Connor giggling, Sophie not wanting her picture taken, and Avery trying to scramble away.





The day of the birthday party, sealed the deal that Avery has quite the sweet tooth. I don't have any of Connor here at work, but poor Man just had a look of total disgust the entire time;)


The Cat in the Hat favors that I made, and forgot to take out of the freezer. Making these made me realize how very much I need to get my craft on. Dan kept commenting on how long it was taking to make them (it did take several steps), but when you enjoy doing something, it doesn't seem like work:)



Probably my absolute favorite from the b-day shoot...I love him so very much:)

Followed closely by this other favorite. I know it wasn't her big day, but it's so hard to get her to smile for a picture. This is the pure joy that I see on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

♥ McBabies!!! ♥ I know I've already "liked" all the pics on FB, but I just had to say again how much they melt my heart! That one of you and Connor... OMG! Just PERFECT! ~Jenny

that suburban momma said...

Oh my goodness! What an adorable idea for twins!! LOVE it!! Good job momma!:)