Friday, February 19, 2010

First week of work done...

I went back to work this week. I worked 3 days this week and will do the same next week, and will be full time March 1. I'm doing ok really. Monday was a wash-I basically checked e-mail, had 2 meetings and just did a lot of catching up with friends/co-workers. Wed I hit the ground running-busy, busy today. Today is fairly busy too but it's almost time to go home.
Luckily, my job is flexible enough that as long as I work my 7.5 hours, I can get here/leave when I want. Monday I worked 7:20-3:20 and Wed and today 8-4.

Dan is officially a stay at home dad, and has (almost) survived his first week. Sunday night I had a mini-meltdown as I was getting her ready for bed, but otherwise I was ok. It is so nice to just get up and get to work in the morning and not have to get Sophie out in the cold and leave her at a germy daycare. It makes it easier for me. THis morning, however, she was awake when I left so it was a bit harder to leave. AND, I haven't called home ONE time! We talked in therapy last week about my need to call and check in and how it was in no way geared towards Dan or my thought that he might be having trouble with Sophie. My calling is most definately ALL about me, and dealing with my guilt about leaving her. But I've held strong. He actually called me Wed and today, about something NOT Sophie related. I really can't believe I made it through that first day though!

She is doing so great. She has most definately discovered her hands, and loves to put them in her mouth...when she can find her mouth. Her coordination is not quite where it should be so she often just waves her hands close to her mouth hoping that she will find it. We've had lots of slobbery fists lately (hers not ours). She's also infatuated with her mobile lately. It's nice to find a toy she actually enjoys. She can spend 30 minutes in her crib, just watching the little animals spin around, same with the flowers on her swing. Her neck strength is improving too, and I'm trying really hard to give her tummy time, but she HATES it. You'd think we were cutting off a limb when we lay her on her belly!

She's been spending more time out of her harness too. The Ortho said she can go 8 hours daily without it. Up until about 2 weeks ago, she was in it at least 20 hours a day. Lately, though, I just feel like she really needs to stretch her legs out. When we take her out of it to change her diaper she just stretches and stretches so I know it must feel good. Her next appt is March 8 and I'm REALLY hoping for some great news although I don't think she'll be completely done with it. My guess is the dr will loosen it again, and maybe reduce amount of hours/day again.

I think I'm about ready to pack up the newborn clothes. There's no point in continuing to stuff her into them I suppose:(


Fran said...

Well done my friend! will you post soon some other super cute pics of the little one? Much love, Fran

Stacy said...

Glad you survived your first week back at work! Hope Dan is enjoying being a stay at home dad. Isn't it nice not having to take her to daycare?

Sadie still loves to suck on her fists too. They are always wet.

Isn't it sad packing up the newborn clothes? It makes me sad to pack up Sadie's clothes too. She will be out of the 3-6 soon.

Can't wait to see more pics of Sophie.